Barry T. Shevlin, Partner
Practice Areas: Litigation, Real Estate, Probate, Commercial Litigation, Criminal Law
Barry T. Shevlin is the founder and Senior Partner of Shevlin & Atkins, Attorneys at Law. Having lived in Miami his entire life, Barry has firsthand knowledge of the ever evolving Miami business and real estate markets. Barry has more than thirty-three (33) years of legal experience, and is widely respected in the community.
Barry focuses his practice on complex corporate and real estate matters as well probate litigation and estate planning. Barry has zealously and successfully represented countless entities of all sizes. Additionally, Barry represents some of the largest and most influential real estate investors in South Florida.
Barry represents his clients in both transactional matters as well as in litigation. Barry has represented buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants, in all real estate matters, from the purchase of a real estate asset, to obtaining financing on the asset, leasing the property, and in any eviction or litigation matter that may arise from owning real estate.
Barry’s in depth knowledge of tax law allows him to represent high net worth individuals in their estate plans and ensure that they are fully protected under the law.
Barry is a driven attorney who lets his results speak for themselves. If you have any need for assistance in the area of corporate or real estate law, Barry Shevlin is the attorney qualified to handle it.
- University of Miami School of Law, LLM, 1987
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1985
- University of Miami, B.A, 1982
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida, 1985
- Supreme Court of Florida, 1985
- Southern District of Florida, 1987
- US Tax Court, 1988
- US Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1989
- Federal District Court, 1989
- International Game Fish Association - General Counsel
- Miami Beach Senior High School Alumni Association - Board of Directors